Friday, February 12, 2010

Pantry Items

Guess what? Weather people are predicting more SNOW!!! Ugh!!!!!!!!!! I sure hope we don't get anymore. I have just had enough of it. I have a men's breakfast to cook Saturday morning. Going to make these guys, maybe 25-30, ham and cheese omelettes, hash browns, pepper gravy and biscuits and scalloped apples. I told you I would let you know about the Citrus Pan Grilled Chicken that I made on Wednesday night for our family dinner. My family LOVED it! I just bought a Calphalon Unison grill pan and wanted to create an entree that would use the pan. Just let me say that I think the pan is AWESOME! I will list the recipe for the chicken at the end of this blog. I have had a question submitted to me by several of you via the blog or email that I will be answering soon. I am working on the answer right now and will post it as soon as possible. Some of you have asked me what I keep in my pantry. So, I am comprising a list of pantry items for the novice cook, the average cook and the advanced cook. Watch the blog for this coming soon. Please tell your friends and family about my blog!


Citrus Pan Grilled Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, well trimmed
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
4 tbsp. fresh orange juic
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbslp. lime juice

Mix the olive oil and the remaining 8 ingredients in a bowl. Pour the marinade into plastic ziplock bags or into a roasting pan. Pour the marinade into the bags or pan. Marinate a minimum of 2 hours to a maximum of 4 hours. Heat the pan with a slight amount of olive oil. When the oil is hot add the chicken and grill them until brown and flip to brown the other side. Usually , it will take about 3- 5 minutes on each side. When done browning the chicken place it in a prheated 350 degree oven to finish it for about 20 minutes. It should come out very moist and delicious. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment