Sunday, February 28, 2010

Busy Week

Ladies and Gentlemen, it has been a tough and busy week. Even though I don't consider myself to be much of a writer, I have discovered that this "blogging thing" is a great stress reliever. This week we had record numbers for our Wednesday Night Dinner at the church for which I work. We ran out of the pork tenderloin and had to go to the old standby--chicken nuggets! Friday night I cooked for our Celebrate Recovery ministry which was a lot of fun. We had Honey Mustard Pecan Chicken, Scalloped Potatoes and Maple Glazed Carrots, Rolls, Tossed Salad, Key Lime Bars and Honey Lime Fruit Toss. I had doctors' appointments, work, cooking, home stuff, washing machine broken, etc. Tonight I tried a new recipe in the slow cooker for dinner. It was wonderful and I want to share it with you. Please let me know how you like it if you decide to make for yourself or for your family. Also, please ask questions. I love to teach as well. I would love to hear from you.

Slow Cooker Italian Chicken

1/4 cup butter
1 (0.7 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
2 (10.75 ounce) cans golden mushroom soup
1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese with chive and onion
1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Hot cooked angel hair pasta

In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add dressing mix, stirring to combine. Stir in soup, cream cheese and wine or broth; cook stirring constantly until cream cheese is melted and smooth. In a 6 qt. electric slow cooker, add chicken. Pour soup mixture over chicken. Cook on low 4-6 hours or until chicken until tender. Serve over pasta. Garnish with parsley if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment